Hobbytronics Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and being as clear as possible with customers about what is done with their data. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Geneneral Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) and according to the Which? Web Trader Code of Practice. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law and the Which? Web Trader Code.
Personal Information may be collected about you when you:
- Register an account on our website
- Make a purchase on our website
- Contact us
When you place an order with us, we collect the following information about you:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
your company’s name, the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number (if applicable)
- your password
products purchased or enquiried about and when
- your on-line browsing activities on our website
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Hobbytronics (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you
- to make a tailored website available to you
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- to verify your identity
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- to enable Hobbytronics to manage customer service interactions with you, and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Hobbytronics uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you emails to update you on the latest products and offers.
Hobbytronics aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences via your Hobbytronics account;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
- contacting Hobbytronics via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers:-
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include payment processing and delivery providers, and reviews collection.
Hobbytronics only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls, and only the absolute minimum data is shared to complete the function required..
Other third parties:-
Aside from our service providers, Hobbytronics will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Hobbytronics Limited employees
Selected third parties
- for the prevention of fraud
- for the purposes of identity verification
Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety e.g.
- to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
Hobbytronics Ltd collects information about how you use our website and the device(s) that you use to access the service. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our section on ‘cookies’. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity.
Legal basis for Hobbytronics processing customer personal data
Hobbytronics collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Hobbytronics, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- sending promotional communications which are relevant
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- protecting Hobbytronics, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Hobbytronics
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Hobbytronics, and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
Hobbytronics may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
We are committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Hobbytronics will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping Personal information accurate
Hobbytronics will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Hobbytronics relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform us of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating your account details on our website).
Access to personal information
We provide registered customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
You can see the information you have provided to us through the registration process by accessing the ‘Account’ section of the Hobbytronics website. You can also use this section to change or delete this information including any consent you have provided to receive marketing communications.
Requesting a copy of your information
You can request details of personal information held about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting us.
Requests must be made in writing (either letter or email). Proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able to locate your information. For example, dates and details of the products or services that you have used.
To exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the following information
Data Protection Officer
Fossegate House, Halifax Way
Pocklington Industrial Estate, Pocklington
York YO42 1NR
Links to other websites
Our website includes links to other sites. We will make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but are not responsible for their privacy practices, site content, or the services they offer.